If you are pregnant during the holidays, you should take care in receiving proper nutrition and rest. As we all know, being a good mom starts with taking care of yourself while you are pregnant. Proper eating habits, exercise and rest are all very important throughout your pregnancy. However, your holiday schedule may make this a little more difficult.
The first step to organization is good planning. Use this concept with your holiday schedule and you will stay on track to a healthy lifestyle.
• Prepare healthy snacks ahead of time. Keep a healthy snack in your purse, or your desk at work. Eat small snacks between meals to quench those between meal cravings. Eat a small meal prior to going shopping and prior to your holiday parties. If you are asked to bring a dish to a party, make it a healthy choice.
• Avoid alcohol. Order your virgin drink, or sparkling non-alcoholic beverage and take pride in your healthy choices. A virgin margarita, or dachari will make a tasty treat.
• Shopping may be all the exercise you need for one day. Take care to stay hydrated and take time to rest. Do not be afraid to ask for help. Ask a friend to watch your children while you do your shopping. This may be the perfect year for on-line shopping.
• Many recreation centers and fitness clubs offer maternity classes. Check with your local centers and see what they have to offer in terms of physical fitness during pregnancy. Check with your doctor about your exercise regimen.
• Make sure to take your prenatal vitamins. Avoiding the flu and other serious illnesses is very important. These vitamins will help to boost your immune system and keep you healthy.
We all want to be the best mom possible. That begins with taking care of yourself, so you can take care of your family. Setting a good example for a healthy lifestyle is the best gift a mom can give.