Halloween is a fun time to be creative with your party foods. Here are some ideas for treats that you and your children can make:
• Deviled eggs can be made into “eyeballs”. Use a sliced black/green olive for the pupil. Sprinkle paprika, or use slices of pimento for blood shot looking eyes.
• Guacamole dip with colored tortilla chips
• Spaghetti ‘Brains’ - This is simply spaghetti set on top of marinara sauce
• A dark green salad with olives and carrot sticks will be a great side to the spaghetti dish. Be sure to have a ‘blood’ red salad dressing available.
• Candy apples are a great fall treat. Use green and red apples dipped in caramel and drizzled with chocolate. Yummy!
• Layered green jello and madarin oranges
• Ghosts can be made by dipping Nutter Butter Cookies in white chocolate or coating twinkies with white icing. Chocolate morsels can be used for the eyes.
• Witches and witches hats are easy to make with chocolate ice cream cones. Place a cone on a chocolate cookie securing it with icing and decorate your witches hat. The chocolate cones can also be used to create a witch cupcake as well.
These are simple, but fun ideas that your children will love to help you with. It’s all in the presentation, so be creative.